by Joe Duffy
What Could Go Wrong? ... Well ... Lots Actually
There are only two guarantees in life, and neither has anything to do with trading. It is in our own best interests, as well as that of our clients and potential clients, that the risks associated with trading are clearly stated. These risks apply to all trading endeavors, including trading using any of our product offerings. Please know the following:
1. Past Performance is no guarantee of future results.
2. Trading involves substantial risk of loss of capital. The opportunity for profit as well as loss always exists. Only trade with money that you can comfortably put at risk.
3. If unsure if any product at this website is appropriate for you, please consult a registered investment adviser.
4. Purchasing any product from this website is like taking a trade in one very important way; "flat" is a position, and usually the most risk averse position. Just like a trade, if you are not comfortable, then do not pull the trigger.
5. The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission has provided information about Trading Systems in general at the following link. We are in no manner obligated to provide this link, but it clearly states the potential pitfalls for those unaware. Our best client is an educated client.
These factors apply to all trading. If anyone is minimizing these factors, or worse, guaranteeing results, they are not being up front with you.
REQUIRED U.S. Government Disclaimer
NOTICE: HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM. ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE IS THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.
PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF FUTURE SUCCESS. DO NOT TRADE WITH MONEY YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOSE. ALL ASSET CLASSES INCLUDING FUTURES, OPTIONS, FOREX, ETF'S AND STOCKS HAVE LARGE POTENTIAL REWARDS BUT ALSO LARGE POTENTIAL RISKS. YOU MUST BE AWARE OF THE RISKS AND WILLING TO ACCEPT THOSE RISKS IN ORDER TO INVEST. ALWAYS CONSULT A REGISTERED FINANCIAL ADVISOR BEFORE TRADING OR INVESTING TO DETERMINE IF THE INVESTMENT IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOU. THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A SOLICITATION TO BUY OR SELL ANY ENTITY MENTIONED.